Many people have to participate in countless meetings in connection with their work. People admit that meetings have become one of the biggest time-stealers. Meetings where the arrangements and organization of the meeting do not function properly come in for a lot of criticism.
The most common reasons for ineffective meetings:
- No particular reason for holding the meeting
- Objective of the meeting not clear
- Wrong people in attendance
- No agenda
- Participants not prepared in advance
- Meeting agenda not followed
- Too many participants in attendance
- Meeting late in starting
- Meeting continues after the agreed time to finish
- No summary of the meeting is made
- No decisions are taken or if they are
- No follow-up is made
Next, we’ll take a look at how to change meeting practices to improve this.